May 26, 2011

At Chapter

Several of the brothers have asked me if I have posted to the blog during these days of being away here at our provincial chapter. I haven't, but I thought I would put up this little post today just to check in.

It's good to see all the brothers. Now that I've made my presentation on the revision of our statutes on Masses for the dead, I feel more relaxed.

Today is our last day, which means the elections. So pray for us in our discernment as we go through the various ballots this morning, electing a Provincial Minister and four definitors to make up his council.

Various other Capuchin bloggers are with me here: The always edifying and hilarious Mark of Just a Brother, who is presiding over the Chapter, the ever-encouraging Matts of New Sandals and Be Thou My Vision, and one of my favorite human beings, Richard of A Capuchin Journey. Check them out!

3 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Blessings on all of you as you complete your chapter. I always feel that you can literally sense the presence of the Spirit during the days of chapter. We'll be having our assembly in June--which we have midpoint between chapters--to gather as a congregation to see how we're doing with chapter directives and to determine what we need to continue working toward.

Greg said...

Thanks for the links. Very much appreciated. Praying for discernment.

for narnia said...

Peace and all Good as you finish your Chapter, Fr. C! thanks for sharing. prayers are with you all as you discern in electing a Provincial Minister and the four definitors.
i already do read many of the other Capuchin blogs you mention. say hi to them all and, assure them of my prayers.
PAX!
~tara t~
p.s.: it was great to see you last saturday evening when you celebrated the 5:00 pm Mass at SH. your homily was great, as usual. thanks for visiting us and for celebrating Mass!