January 6, 2010

Little Breviary Table

This picture has appeared in this post over on WDTPRS. It's the little table where I keep my daily prayer books.



Going counter-clockwise from the top left:

American English Roman-Franciscan Liturgy of the Hours, volume I

Typical edition Liturgy of the Hours, volume I (in cover I got for 10 euro in Rome)

Liber Hymnarius (partially obscured)

1992 American Liturgy of the Hours supplement (totally obscured, but very necessary on a day like today, the feast of Brother André)

Baronius Press hand missal

1962 Breviarium Romano-Seraphicum, Capuchin use, pars prior


I have usufruct of the little table, but it came from another brother.

7 comments:

cuaguy said...

You forgot the most important thing in your caption- the mug!

kam said...

Yeah, what created that awful stain in the mug? Super dark roast or hot chocolate? It almost has a hot chocolate look to it.

Bless said...

Please find a better place for your mug and not on top of those prayer books.Feels like I am reminding my son today.Sorry Father Charles...

Qualis Rex said...

Father Charles - congratulations. This is the first (and possibly the ONLY time) I've ever associated the "liturgy of the hours" and "fun" together : )

Now the lamentations of Job and fun...

Mark D. said...

No New Testament, psalter or Bible?

Pia said...

You have such a way with words...I like that!

Lee Hamilton said...

I like the mug! :)